Apprenticeship in Customer Service - Advanced at West Thames College
Employers recognise the key role played by customer-facing staff in determining the quality of the customer experience and increasing customer loyalty. In a service-led economy, customer demand for individualised service will continue to increase.
Employers across all sectors, regardless of whether their main business is customer service or if they wish to train staff to undertake customer service as part of their job role, need to upskill their current workforce and recruit new staff.
Customer Service Apprenticeships help employers address skills gaps and raise customer service skills in the workplace.
This 15 month apprenticeship is your fast track to success!
Units covered include:
- Demonstrate understanding of customer service
- Demonstrate understanding of the rules that impact on improvements in customer service.
- Group A – Impression and Image including creating and maintaining a positive attitude, impression and behaviour; communication; processing information; dealing with customers face to face, on the phone, in writing or electronically; promotion of additional services or products.
- Group B – Delivery including reliability; recognising diversity; questioning techniques; using bespoke software; service partnerships; customer relationships; the customer service environment; reviewing quality and improving customer service.
- Group C – Handing Problems including dealing with, monitoring and processing customer queries, requests and problems; applying risk assessment to customer service.
- Group D – Development and Improvement including developing and implementing customer services improvements; using online and self-service technology; gathering, analysing and interpreting customer feedback; developing customer service strategy; applying technology and other resources to improve customer service.
You will also complete courses in:
- Edexcel Level 3 Certificate in Customer Service
- Personal learning and thinking skills
- Maths functional skills level 2
- English functional skills level 2
- Employment rights and responsibilities.
For the Advanced Apprenticeship programme, you should be 16 years or older, working in a more senior role within a business organisation, with a strong commitment towards gaining the skills and qualifications you need to help you progress in your career.
You should be working at least 30 hours per week in one of the following roles:
- Customer relationship manager
- Team leader
- Information centre supervisor
- Reception manager/supervisor
- Call centre supervisor.
To successfully complete the Apprenticeship, the following elements need to be achieved:
Competence Qualification: Edexcel Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Customer Service (QCF) - to achieve this qualification a minimum of 42 credits must be achieved. This includes all the mandatory units and a selection of the optional units.
Knowledge Qualfication: Edexcel level 3 Certificate in Customer Service (QCF) - most of the knowledge will be learnt in the classroom, some may also be delivered online and some in the workplace.
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills: Evidence will be collected to show that the following skills have been acquired:
- Creative thinking
- Independent enquiry
- Reflective learning
- Effective participation.
Transferable skills qualifications
- Mathematics Functional Skills Level 2
- English Functional Skills Level 2
Employment rights and responsibilities (ERR)
ERR is embedded within the competence based qualification for all pathways and will also be covered within employer inductions. However, for more information the Council for Administration (CfA) ERR Workbook can be used.
The evidence for this area will be the certificate for this qualification with the ERR unit listed as having been completed
You do not pay to complete an apprenticeship.
On successful completion of the Advanced Apprenticeship, you may decide to progress to a Higher Apprenticeship, Management or Foundation Degree.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.