Health and Social Care - CACHE Level 3 Diploma at West Thames College
This 2-year course is equivalent to 3 A Levels and gives you the skills you need to work in a care setting or go on to a degree programme in health and social care. You will learn about effective communication, equality, diversity and rights, and development through the life stages. The course is demanding with a strong theoretical base.
The Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care has been designed to enable learners to access Higher Education or assist with progression into the workplace. This qualification has been designed and written by a team of subject experts, and employers and Higher Education Institutions have been involved in the review of the content.
You will study:
- Developing effective communication in health and social care
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Health, safety and security in health and social care
- Development through life stages
- Fundamentals of anatomy and physiology for health and social care
- Personal and professional development in health and social care
- Sociological perspectives for health and social care
- Psychological perspectives for health and social care
- Values and planning.
This course consists of the 90-credit Diploma in Year 1 followed by the Extended Diploma in Year 2.
Work experience is a mandatory part of the course.
4 or more GCSEs at grades A*-C / grade 9-4 or above including English language, or a merit or distinction at Level 2 with functional Skills in English and maths at Level 2 and a good reference.
All students must undertake work experience in a care/childcare setting as part of this course. Work placement settings require students to obtain a DBS to demonstrate that they are suitable to work with vulnerable people and/or children.
If you need advice before you apply, please call 020 8326 2020 or email email@example.com.
You will be given written assignments for each unit as well as work placement reports.
This course is free for students aged 16-18.
Upon achievement of this qualification learners will be able to progress onto the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care. The Certificate supports learners' access to Higher Education and progression into a wide range of job roles within the health and social care sector. The qualification also supports progression to further learning in related subject areas at Level 4 and above.
This qualification does not provide a licence to practise, but may support progression into a wide range of job roles in the health and social care sector, including:
- Care Support Workers in adult residential settings
- Healthcare Assistants in community, primary care and acute health environments
- Care Support Workers in domiciliary services, supported living or day services
- Community-based Support Workers
To find out more about this qualification, contact us, ask your Connexions Personal Adviser or school/college careers staff.
View all courses at West Thames College.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.