Government and Politics A Level at St Edmund Campion Catholic School
Unit 1: UK Politics
- Political Participation: Democracy and participation: political parties, electoral systems, voting behaviour and the media.
- Core Political Ideas: Conservatism, Liberalism, Socialism.
Unit 2: UK Government
- UK Government: the constitution, parliament, Prime Minister and executive, relationships between the branches.
- Optional Political Ideas: one idea from the following: Anarchism, Ecologism, Feminism, Multiculturalism, Nationalism.
Unit 3: Comparative Politics
- USA: the US Constitution and federalism, USCongresss, US presidency, US Supreme Court, democracy and participation, civil rights. If you want to understand how and why these things happened (and much, much more) consider taking AS/A2 Politics.
6 in English Language GCSE
100% examination: Unit 1: 2 hours (33% of qualification); Unit 2: 2 hours (33% of qualification) Unit 3: 2 hours (33% of qualification)
You could continue to study Politics at the university as an undergraduate degree or as a combined degree with another subject e.g. History. You could also enter employment perhaps in government (local, national or regional).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Edmund Campion Catholic School directly.