Applied Business A Level at St Edmund Campion Catholic School
Businesses are integral to our global economy and whether as a customer or employee, we interact with businesses every day. The Extended Certificate in Applied Business is an excellent grounding into the world of business as you will study key business principles including financial analysis, enterprise and entrepreneurs, marketing, human resources and learning how to present a successful business plan. In addition, you will develop highly sought-after skills including communication, presentation, team work and time management.
All six units for this course carry equal weighting.
To successfully complete the qualification, a minimum grade of a pass must be obtained for all units.
- Unit 1: Financial Planning and Analysis which explores how finance can help plan an enterprise, monitor its progress and analyse financial decisions.
- Unit 2: Business Dynamics helps you develop your understanding of business organisations and how they can use their human, physical and financial resources to achieve their goals.
- Unit 3: Entrepreneurial Opportunities teaches you how to develop your understanding of entrepreneurial opportunities and investigate how individuals can exploit these through personal enterprise. You will consider opportunities for your own personal enterprise, for a given context, and propose marketing and operations activities to take advantage of the entrepreneurial opportunity.
- Unit 4: Managing and Leading People deepens your understanding of how managers can organise, motivate and lead employees through an organisational change to achieve business objectives.
- Unit 5: Developing a Business Proposal teaches you how to develop, present and evaluate a business proposal. The business proposal will require human resources beyond those provided by yourself. You will develop a concise proposal and present this to funding providers.
- Unit 7: Managing an Event - you will investigate the processes required to plan for, coordinate and manage a one-off event. This event will be related to your business proposal. You will review the success of the event and how your business proposal is modified by the experience of planning and delivering the event.
4 in English Language GCSE
4 in Maths GCSE
There are a wide variety of university and professional qualifications which can be accessed with this qualification, including BA/BSc Business, Economics, Accountancy and Business Management. Traditionally, past students have gone on to work in various careers including finance, human resources, marketing and administration.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Edmund Campion Catholic School directly.