Extended Project Qualification at Amersham School
Our Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) has proved to be popular with students and teachers alike. It provides an opportunity for students to extend their abilities beyond the A Level syllabus and prepare for university or their future career. It can also be used to earn extra UCAS points.
You will be required to:
identify, design, plan and complete an individual project, applying a range of organisational skills and strategies to meet agreed objectives
obtain, critically select and use information from a range of sources; analyse and apply data and demonstrate an understanding of any appropriate linkages, connections and complexities of the topic
select and use a range of skills, solve problems, take decisions critically, creatively and flexibly, to achieve planned outcomes
evaluate outcomes both in relation to agreed objectives and own learning and performance.
select and use a range of communication skills and media to present evidenced outcomes and conclusions in an appropriate format.
The evidence for assessment will comprise the following:
- Completed Production Log and Assessment Record including the Project Proposal Form, Presentation Record and Candidate Record Form
- Project product including a written report and any other evidence, as appropriate, depending on the topic or subject area chosen.
- Completed Production Log and Assessment Record
The Production Log and Assessment Record will document the planning and progress of the project, including decision making and the student’s reflections on the process. It includes:
- formal proposal and approval
- the initial idea and outline plan for the project
- record of research carried out and resources used
- record of advice and support offered and action taken as a result
- note of any changes made to plan and reasons for the changes
- a review of the completed project product
- a record of the presentation with the supervisor’s record of relevant questioning
8 GCSE Grades A* - C or point equivalent
Identify, design, plan, and carry out a project, applying a range of skills, strategies and methods to achieve objectives.
Use Resources 20%
Research, critically select, organise and use information and select and use a range of resources. Analyse data apply relevantly and demonstrate an understanding of any links, connections and complexities of the topic.
Develop and Realise 40%
Select and use a range of skills, including, where appropriate, new technologies and problem-solving, to take decisions critically and achieve planned outcomes.
Evaluate all aspects of the extended project, including outcomes in relation to stated objectives and own learning and performance.
Select and use a range of communication skills and media to present evidenced project outcomes and conclusions in an appropriate format.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Amersham School directly.