Sport Level 3 (Fitness/Football/Rugby) at Craven College
With the UK Sport industry booming, our students go on to successful careers as a personal trainer, PE teacher, sports professional, sports coach, sports development officer and youth support officer! Benefit from training in our sports and conditioning performance suite and develop your training further as a member of one of our sports training academies.
With individualised programmes for male and female athletes, plus training 6 times per week in your chosen pathway, our sports courses are ideal for any aspiring sports person. Complete your training and development in our sports conditioning and performance suite and enjoy access to Craven’s all weather pitch, the local sports centre, swimming pool and gym.
Our tutors have a wealth of experience having worked for clubs such as Keighley Cougars and in the International Kickboxing, Taekwondo and Fitness industries.
College visits to Finland and Italy have enabled our students to enhance their coaching and leadership skills through working with local schools. You can broaden your knowledge and strengthen your CV by completing additional qualifications including CSLA, HSLA and ITC First Aid.
- Analysis of sports performance
- Assessing risk in sport
- Fitness testing for sport & exercise
- Fitness training & programming for sport
- Instructing physical activity & exercise
- Leadership in sport
- Organising sports events
- Practical individual sports & team sports
- Principles of anatomy & physiology
- Psychology for sports performance
- Sport as a business
- Sports coaching; development; injuries; nutrition
- The physiology of fitness
- 5 GCSEs 9-4 (A*-C) or Sport Level 2 (Merit/Distinction) including English & maths GCSEs 9-4 (A*-C)
- Clear (DBS) Disclosure & Barring Service check
Written examination and written assessment
For information about Financial Support that Craven College can offer visit: Fees & Funding
- Sports Coaching & Physical Activity FD
- Youth / Community Support Officer
- PE Teacher
- Personal Trainer
- Sports Development Officer
- Sports Professional
- Swimming Instructor
At Craven College we want you to be successful both during your time here at College and anything you decide to do after College.
The support services within College exist to help support you to get the most out of your course: Craven College Support
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Craven College directly.