Level 3 Beauty Therapy (Spa Therapy) at Sussex Coast College Hastings
During this one-year advanced course you will learn the more complex side of spa therapy treatments, helping to extend your skill set.
Building on your knowledge from the Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification you will be able to go deeper into the theory behind beauty treatments and be introduced to more advanced techniques. You will be able to understand the aging process and learn how to perform anti-aging face and body treatments, you will be able to care for certain skin conditions, and learn more advanced hair removal techniques. You will train in Swedish body massage, how to carry out spray and cream tanning, and gain a commercial understanding for running a salon, including planning and implementing promotional events.
During the course you will learn:
- Skills and knowledge to operate in a commercial spa environment
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Promote additional products or services to customers
- Provide body massage treatments
- Provide stone therapy treatments
- Monitor clients and the operation of sauna, steam and hydrotherapy treatments
- Provide body wrapping and flotation treatments
- Provide Indian head massage
- Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities.
Your assessment will be made up of 60% practical, 20% coursework and 20% exams. You will be assessed and observed during treatments carried out on paying clients in our salon. Essential knowledge is covered through project research, case studies, written and practical assessments and online exams.
You will be required to wear a uniform and purchase your own kit for the year which will cost approximately £180. You will also have the opportunity to visit professional shows, training days and conferences which may incur additional costs.
Once you have completed the course you may consider studying further on courses such as Level 4 HND Hair & Beauty Management, or other holistic therapies.
There are many career opportunities available to you after completing the course. For instance you may become a Massage Therapist, Beauty therapist, or a Beauty consultant, working in a salon, spa or hotel.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.