Automotive Body Repair and Refinishing Level 1 Diploma at Goldwyn 6th Form College
This Diploma is ideal for learners aged 16+ who enjoy a practical environment, are interested in vehicle body repair and vehicle refinishing (paint repair) and wish to develop and broaden their experience at a level suiting their ability.
This course is designed to provide you with knowledge and practical skills to enable you to carry out basic vehicle body repairs and learn the techniques to carry out vehicle refinishing in a realistic working environment of our well-equipped automotive workshops.
- health & safety practices in vehicle maintenance and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- vehicle body/refinishing tolls and equipment
Optional units include:
- basic vehicle preparation
- removing and fitting non-permanently fixed motor vehicle body panels
- vehicle body repair materials
- vehicle refinishing materials
- removing and fitting trim components
- vehicle electrical foundation skills
- vehicle paint application and minor defect rectification
- vehicle body repair practices and procedures
- introduction to the retail automotive maintenance and repair industry
No formal qualifications are required, however, you will need a positive attitude, commitment and self-motivation. The course is designed for school leavers who are able to work at a level that is equivalent to GCSE grades D-F. Entry level courses are also available for those who want to progress to a Level1 qualification but do not yet meet these requirements.
The course has a practical approach to assessment and includes visual questioning techniques, oral examination and practical assessments carried out in our workshops.
On successful completion of the course, you can progress onto our IMI Level 2 in Vehicle Accident Repair and Paint Principles. Advice will be available from our advice and guidance team throughout your course.
This course can lead to a career as a motor vehicle technician/mechanic, vehicle body repairer/refinisher/ builder.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.