Entry Level 3 Certificate in Vocational Studies (Art & Design) at Cambridge Regional College
This Entry 3 Study Programme offers a "taster" of the Art & Design area. The core qualifications for the Study Programme will be English, maths, ICT and employability skills teamed with 30 hours of work experience
An opportunity to develop your
• skills & knowledge of drawing, painting and design plus within specialist areas e.g. photography, printmaking, textiles and fine art
• confidence in developing your ideas and presentation techniques plus specialist skills e.g. sketchbooks to record and communicate your ideas
• understanding of contextual arts, industry roles and responsibilities
• English and Maths through either a Functional Skills or GCSE retake programme
• English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
• employability skills e.g. self-management, organisation, problem-solving, leadership and communication skills. You will develop your personal values and demonstrate adaptability, sensitivity, reliability and be supportive to your peers by working with other Entry 3 learners on collaborative projects
There are no formal entry requirements
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a Welcome Event/Interview.
We are committed to providing financial support to learners where it is available. We would actively encourage you to enquire about possible financial support as soon as you can. Depending on your situation, you may qualify for a contribution towards College costs such as kit, equipment, residential fees, meals, childcare etc. Enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
This qualification helps you to progress on to:
• the Study Programme BTEC Level 1 Extended Certificate in Art & Design
• traineeship, apprenticeships within the wider commercial/creative based industries and supported through Cambridge Regional College
• employment e.g. junior assistant within the arts/crafts retail industry
Please note in order to progress to a Level 1 BTEC Certificate/Extended Certificate Study Programme in Art and Design you will need to pass your Entry 3 BTEC Certificate.
We would encourage you to visit one of our Cambridge Regional College Open Days:
Saturday 23rd June 2018 9:30am-12:30pm - Cambridge and Huntingdon
If you need any more information about any of our courses, please request a copy of our full-time prospectus or contact our Information & Advice Team on 01223 226315.
Students who currently attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school should apply online via UCASprogress.com or by using the Cambridge Area Partnership application form (depending on your school). Please ask your careers teacher at school.
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to attend a college Welcome Event, which gives you and your parents/carers the opportunity to have a look around the College, talk to the tutors and ask any questions you may have.
We look forward to seeing you at the College soon!
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.