Biology A Level at Hessle High School and Sixth Form College
Through this course you will develop many essential skills including critical thinking, processing and evaluating data, commenting on reliability, accuracy and validity of data and designing your own investigations. Topics studied are:
- Biology and Molecules
- Organisms Exchange Substances With Their Environment
- Genetic Information, Variation and Relationship Between Organisms
- Energy Transfers In and Between Organisms
- Organisms Respond to Changes in Their Internal and External Environments
- Genetic, Populations, Evolutions and Ecosystems
- The Control of Gene Expression
A minimum of five GCSEs at a Pass Grade are required.
Some courses have specific subject grade requirements for entry. For more details, please contact staff at your place of study.
100% Exam (plus practical endorsement).
You could go on to study for a biology-related degree or a linked profession such as medicine, dentistry, physiotherapy, sports therapy, psychology or environmental science.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hessle High School and Sixth Form College directly.