Level 3 UAL Diploma in Creative Media Production (Games Development) (1 year programme) at Cambridge Regional College
Rizing Games is based at Cambridge Regional College UK, and is part of the UAL Level 3 Computer Games Development course run from the college. Learners come and study the various aspects of games development such as Animation, Modelling, Programming, Sound and Concept Art to name a few.
An important part of the course timetable every week is the enterprise sessions, where all the skills the learners develop during study sessions are put into practice. The learners spend their time working together in teams, supported by the teaching staff to build commercial titles for release.
Develop the soft skills and CV development for the industry through Rizing Games. Learn important skills through releasing your titles for mobile and console, undertake management roles, networking, exhibiting and all the requirements to run a games company. Rizing Games is the most unique commercial development and publishing games studio in the world!
• English and Maths through either a Functional Skills or GCSE retake programme
• English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
• employability skills e.g. self-management, networking, project design and management, problem solving, team building, an aptitude for leadership, being calm under pressure, adaptable, flexible as well as having a broad understanding of the industry and an understanding and application of codes and regulations.
Attendance at a Welcome Event, attendance at taster days and a reference is required
• Minimum of 4 x Grade 4 (or grade C) GCSEs or above, or Level 2 UAL Diploma in Creative Media Production, Level 2 BTEC Certificate/Extended Certificate or First Diploma in Creative Media
• GCSE English language grade C or above is essential and GCSE Maths grade C or above is highly desirable
• To show at Welcome Event an interest in the games industry by bringing some concept drawings and level designs for a games in the form of a sketchbook
• We would like to see that you are interested in the wider games industry and not just in playing games
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a Welcome Event/Interview.
A range of methods, which may include projects, assignments, case studies, course work, self-assessment, feedback from clients and panel reviews, continually assesses course work. Grades from Pass, Merit, Distinction may be awarded to course work.
The Study Programmes are over 5 days each week.
There is regular one to one tutorial provision.
We are committed to providing financial support to learners where it is available. We would actively encourage you to enquire about possible financial support as soon as you can. Depending on your situation, you may qualify for a contribution towards College costs such as kit, equipment, residential fees, meals, childcare etc. Enquiries can be made to email@example.com
This qualification helps you to progress on to:
• BA/BSc/FdA at a Higher Education institution
• apprenticeships within the wider commercial/games and creative based industries and supported through Cambridge Regional College
• employment e.g. games company as a QA tester, video capture, entry level roles or other media related industry
If you need any more information about any of our courses, please request a copy of our full-time prospectus or contact our Information & Advice Team on 01223 226315.
Students who currently attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school should apply online via UCASprogress.com or by using the Cambridge Area Partnership application form (depending on your school). Please ask your careers teacher at school.
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to attend a college Welcome Event, which gives you and your parents/carers the opportunity to have a look around the College, talk to the tutors and ask any questions you may have.
We look forward to seeing you at the College soon!
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.