Level 2 Certificate in Information & Creative Technology at Cambridge Regional College
This Study Programme will develop your skills and knowledge in programming, web development and animation plus enable you to explore the inner workings of computer systems and networks. You will gain a sound insight into the rapidly changing world of IT. You will be able to access specialist IT labs to develop your ideas and understand the installation and configuration of software and hardware, broaden your programming skills and experiment with new technology.
An opportunity to develop your:-
• Industry experience through projects related to real life or simulated scenarios
• Understanding of both software and hardware pathways by using coding through integrated assignment themes
• English and Maths through either a Function Skills or GCSE retake programme
• English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
• Employability skills, e.g. proficiency in setting up local network areas, troubleshooting, programming using Visual Basic, Action Script and building a PC as well as wider office packages, e.g. VISIO, outlook
• Understanding of wider employability, e.g. team building, self-management, communication skills in both individual and group presentation work
• Techniques in show-casing your work and confidently promoting your skills and abilities.
There is an additional cost of £30 to cover trips and guest speakers. This charge is to be paid at enrolment and is non-refundable. The learner support fund is available and could help assist paying towards these fees.
You will need 2 GCSEs at grade 3 or above
Level 1 IT/Vocational Studies
You will need to demonstrate, at interview, an interest and enthusiasm for IT.In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a Welcome Event/Interview.
We are committed to providing financial support to learners where it is available. We would actively encourage you to enquire about possible financial support as soon as you can. Depending on your situation, you may qualify for a contribution towards College costs such as kit, equipment, residential fees, meals, childcare etc. Enquiries can be made to email@example.com
This qualification helps you to progress on to:-
• BTEC Level 3 Study Programmes in IT
• Apprenticeships within the wider commercial/IT industries and supported through Cambridge Regional College
• Employment, e.g. IT support technician, junior web developer or help desk technician.
Please note: In order to progress to the Level 3 BTEC Diploma Study Programmes in IT you will need to achieve a minimum Pass for your Level 2 BTEC Diploma.
If you need any more information about any of our courses, please request a copy of our full-time prospectus or contact our Information & Advice Team on 01223 226315.
Students who currently attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school should apply online via UCASprogress.com or by using the Cambridge Area Partnership application form (depending on your school). Please ask your careers teacher at school.
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to attend a college Welcome Event, which gives you and your parents/carers the opportunity to have a look around the College, talk to the tutors and ask any questions you may have.
We look forward to seeing you at the College soon!
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.