Business Studies A Level at South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College
There are many reasons why people want to set up businesses – perhaps they want to make money for themselves or their family or they want to contribute something special to the life of their community. Whatever their motivation, common characteristics of successful entrepreneurs are enthusiasm and commitment. If you have these skills, then Business Studies may be the course for you.
What will I learn?
- Marketing and People - Understand how businesses identify opportunities and develop competitive advantage through marketing and through the people they employ.
- Managing business activities - Consider external influences that impact on business, learn about raising and managing finance and measuring business performance as well as the importance of using resources efficiently.
- Business decisions and strategy - Develop knowledge of core concepts to take a strategic view of business opportunities and issues and look at the causes and effects of change and how businesses mitigate risk.
- Global Business - Investigate businesses that trade on the global scale and develop an understanding of the globally competitive environment.
- Gain skills and confidence to set up your own business
- Trips to global companies such as Coca-Cola and Cadbury
- Transferable skills desired by universities and employers
There are many skills that are needed to be successful: calculations, interpreting data, making and presenting arguments, justifying business decisions, identifying problems and proposing solutions. The element of maths is nothing to be afraid of, you will be required to calculate and interpret percentage changes, or calculate how responsive a change in price will be on the level of demand.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College directly.