City and Guilds Heating & Ventilating Advanced Apprenticeship at Cambridge Regional College
The Heating and Ventilation Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship programme is for those who are currently working in the Heating and Ventilation trade and who wish to study for a qualification that is recognised by the industry. This broad-based covers the knowledge and skills relating to Heating and Ventilation, the programme will include:
• Understand industrial and commercial cold and hot water system installation, and pre-commissioning techniques
• Understand industrial and commercial heating system installation, and pre-commissioning techniques
• Understand and carry out electrical work on industrial and commercial Heating and Ventilation systems and components
• Understand the principles and requirements of industrial and commercial fuel systems
• Procedures for overseeing and organizing the work environment and resources in BSE
• Understanding environmental legislation, working practices and the principles of technology systems
• Health & safety practices and procedures
The Heating and Ventilation Advanced Level Apprenticeship Framework is made up of four components. In order to be successful, candidates must achieve all four components.
• Practical and Technical Element: City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Heating and Ventilation industrial and commercial (QCF).
• Functional Skills in Maths Level 2, English Level 2 and ICT Level 1.
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities: provides the apprentice with an understanding of their statutory employment rights and responsibilities, including health and safety and equal opportunities
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills: develops six key areas: independent enquiry, creative thinking, reflective learning, team-working, self-managing and effective participation
Successfully completed a Heating and Ventilation Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship. Candidates need to be in a relevant job role, have a contract of employment and work a minimum of 30 hours a week. In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the college as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression.
Learning takes place through a variety of theory and practical lessons. Students will also need to carry out personal research to enable them to successfully complete the course and guidance on this will be given by the programme assessors and tutors.
Candidates are assessed through on-site assessments, City& Guilds exams and written assignments.
Support will be provided through regular meetings with your assessor.
We are committed to providing financial support to learners where it is available. We would actively encourage you to enquire about possible financial support as soon as you can. Depending on your situation, you may qualify for a contribution towards College costs such as kit, equipment, residential fees, meals, childcare etc. Enquiries can be made to email@example.com
On successful completion of all elements of the advanced apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to progress to further learning on the HNC/HND Construction & Built Environment course.
We would encourage you to visit one of our Cambridge Regional College Open Days:
Saturday 23rd June 2018 9:30am-12:30pm - Cambridge and Huntingdon
If you need any more information about any of our courses, please request a copy of our full-time prospectus or contact our Information & Advice Team on 01223 226315.
Students who currently attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school should apply online via UCASprogress.com or by using the Cambridge Area Partnership application form (depending on your school). Please ask your careers teacher at school.
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to attend a college Welcome Event, which gives you and your parents/carers the opportunity to have a look around the College, talk to the tutors and ask any questions you may have.
We look forward to seeing you at the College soon!
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.