Sport: Exercise and Fitness Level 2 Apprenticeship (SPT1) at Barnsley College
If you’d like to work in a leisure and fitness business – perhaps as a fitness instructor – then this course could be for you. By the end of the apprenticeship you will be fully qualified as a Fitness Instructor and will be able to work unsupervised in a gym, advising customers on their training programmes.
You will study all the mandatory units listed below and chose from optional units until you reach a minimum of 56 credits. You will also study:
- Level 2 NVQ in Activity Leadership
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths
- Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Learners will need to be at least 16 years of age and must hold two GCSEs at grade A*-C
- It is desirable that you have maths and English at grades 4 or above but this is not essential as Functional Skills is delivered as part of the apprenticeship programme
- You need to be employed within the sport and fitness industry or have an employer in this area willing to take you on as an apprentice
- As your programme may involve working with and instructing children, you will be required to undertake a satisfactory Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check
You may be eligible for assistance with expenses such as travel, books, equipment and childcare.
For further information please contact the Student Services Team on +44 (0)1226 216 114.
We have a dedicated team available to provide information on all of our courses and to help you to make the right choices about your future. The team are based at the Old Mill Lane site.
Drop in: Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
Tel: 01226 216 123
Our Information Advisers visit schools and provide impartial information about training and education options for school leavers.
They can help with: • Applying for courses • Arranging taster days and visits to College • Information about course requirements
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.