Driving Goods Vehicle Rigid Vehicle Driver Level 2 Apprenticeship (BUS1) at Barnsley College
The Level 2 Apprenticeship in Driving Goods Vehicles offers you the opportunity to develop specific skills in the operation of goods vehicles. This qualification will allow you to understand, develop and practise the skills required for employment in the industry.
You will study units from the list below relevant to your job role. You will also study:
- Employment, Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) Booklet
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Prepare the rigid vehicle for driving
- Protect the rigid vehicle and load
- Operate and monitor the rigid vehicle systems
- Manoeuvre the rigid vehicle in restricted spaces
- Obtain information on the collection and/or delivery of loads
- Drive the rigid vehicle on public roads in a safe and fuel efficient manner
- Drive the rigid vehicle on private roads in a safe and fuel efficient manner
- Ensure the rigid vehicle is loaded correctly
- Load the rigid vehicle correctly
- Ensure the rigid vehicle is unloaded correctly
- Unload the rigid vehicle correctly
- Make an effective contribution to a business in the logistics sector
- Contribute to the provision of customer service in logistics operations
- Dealing with payment transactions in logistics operations
- Plan the route and timings for the collection and delivery of goods
- Attach and detach rigid vehicle mounted bodies
- Couple and uncouple the rigid vehicle
- Two GCSEs at grade A*-C plus GCSE English grade 3 or above
- You will need to be at least 18 years of age
- You need to be employed within a transport setting or have an employer in this area willing to take you on as an apprentice. You must also hold a Category B (Car) Licence.
- For Apprentices who gain their Category C Licence as part of this framework there will be two post driving test assessments at 2 and 4 months following the date of test pass.
You may be eligible for assistance with expenses such as travel, books, equipment and childcare.
For further information please contact the Student Services Team on +44 (0)1226 216 114.
We have a dedicated team available to provide information on all of our courses and to help you to make the right choices about your future. The team are based at the Old Mill Lane site.
Drop in: Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
Tel: 01226 216 123
Our Information Advisers visit schools and provide impartial information about training and education options for school leavers.
They can help with: • Applying for courses • Arranging taster days and visits to College • Information about course requirements
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.