Driving Goods Vehicle Van Driver Level 2 Apprenticeship (BUS1) at Barnsley College
Large goods vehicle (LGV) drivers transport and deliver goods between suppliers and customers, travelling across the roads and motorways of the UK and beyond. As an apprentice you’ll be involved in transporting goods with pick-ups and multi-drop deliveries.
You will study units from the list below relevant to your job role. You will also study:
- Employment, Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) Booklet
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Prepare the Van for Driving
- Protect the Van and Load
- Operate and monitor the Van systems
- Manoeuvre the van in restricted spaces
- Obtain Information on the collection and/or delivery of loads
- Drive the van on public roads in a safe and fuel efficient manner
- Drive the van on private roads in a safe and fuel efficient manner
- Ensure the van is unloaded correctly
- Unload the van correctly
- Make an effective contribution to a business in the logistics sector
- Contribute to the provision of customer service in logistics operations
- Dealing with payment transactions in logistics operations
- Plan the route and timings for the collection and delivery of goods
- Two GCSEs at grade A*-C, plus GCSE English at grade 3 or above
- You must be at least 17 years of age
- You need to be employed within a transport setting or have an employer in this area willing to take you on as an apprentice. You must also hold a Category B (Car) Licence
You may be eligible for assistance with expenses such as travel, books, equipment and childcare.
For further information please contact the Student Services Team on +44 (0)1226 216 114.
We have a dedicated team available to provide information on all of our courses and to help you to make the right choices about your future. The team are based at the Old Mill Lane site.
Drop in: Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
Tel: 01226 216 123
Our Information Advisers visit schools and provide impartial information about training and education options for school leavers.
They can help with: • Applying for courses • Arranging taster days and visits to College • Information about course requirements
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.