Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship (BUS1) at Barnsley College
This apprenticeship will provide you with the skills and experience so you can work as a Warehouse Operative in a variety of environments. Please see link below:
- Safe driving and/or operating techniques
- Steps to take to minimise the effect the work has on the environment
- Safe use of equipment and machinery
- Use of warehouse systems and processes
- Basic IT applications and other relevant technology and systems
- Relevant regulation and legislation
- Effective communication with customers
- Structure of the industry
- The importance of delivering excellent customer service to customers and colleagues
- Vision, objectives and brand of the organisation
- Proposed and actual changes to systems, processes and technology used in the industry
- How the role can affect personal health and the need to maintain a level of fitness appropriate to the needs of the role
- Operate and handle equipment safely and efficiently
- Comply with appropriate rules, regulations and processes for safely and efficiently moving, handling, packing and unpacking different items
- Work individually and as part of a team to safely move and handle objects
- Safely and efficiently load and unload items into and from vehicles, buildings, containers, lift vans, crates and/or boxes
- Select, prepare and use packaging materials appropriate to the job
- Use correct equipment and procedures to record receiving or stowing goods
- Promote the values of the organisation
- Work effectively in a warehousing team
- Use IT applications and other relevant technology and systems
- Demonstrate integrity, credibility, honesty, positivity and personal drive
- Take ownership for own performance and training
- Show personal commitment to minimising the effect of work activities on the environment
- Adapt to and embrace the use of relevant technology, systems and equipment
English and maths
English and maths qualifications are a requirement for most jobs and it is important that you are able to demonstrate your ability in these areas. If you do not already have a grade C or above in GCSE English and maths you will automatically undertake further study in these subjects as part of your apprenticeship.
The entry requirements for this apprenticeship will be decided by each employer, but may typically be two GCSEs at grade C or higher. It is desirable that you have English and maths at grade C or above but this is not essential as Functional Skills are delivered as part of the apprenticeship programme.
You may be eligible for assistance with expenses such as travel, books, equipment and childcare.
For further information please contact the Student Services Team on +44 (0)1226 216 114.
We have a dedicated team available to provide information on all of our courses and to help you to make the right choices about your future. The team are based at the Old Mill Lane site.
Drop in: Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
Tel: 01226 216 123
Our Information Advisers visit schools and provide impartial information about training and education options for school leavers.
They can help with: • Applying for courses • Arranging taster days and visits to College • Information about course requirements
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.