Sport and Physical Leaders (Level 2) at Bishop Laney Sixth Form
This is ideal for those wanting to study sports leadership and the pathways into coaching or personal training.
The qualification gives learners the knowledge, understanding and skills required for a career in sport and physical activity, leading onto employment, apprenticeships or further study. The course involves many practical elements, developing key skills and leadership practice, all underpinned from knowledge developed.
Learners will study six mandatory content areas:
• Leading Sport Safely and Effectively
• Working in Sport and Activity Leadership
• Leading Sport and Physical Activity
• Coaching Sport
• Developing Skills for Sport and Activity Leadership
• Delivering a Sports Activity Event
And one optional content area (to be decided by centre)
• Getting Others Active Outdoors
• Leading Different Groups
At least three GCSE Grades 9 - 3
Units are assessed using a grading scale of Distinction, Merit, Pass and Unclassified. All mandatory and optional units contribute proportionately to the overall qualification grade, for example a unit of 60 GLH will contribute double that of a 30 GLH unit.
To achieve any qualification grade, learners must:
- Complete and have an outcome (D, M P or U) for all units within a valid combination
- Achieve the required units at pass or above (Units 1,2,3,4,5,6).
- Achieve the minimum number of points at a grade threshold
- Qualifications are graded using a scale of PP to DD. Depending on total points scored across the course of the year.
This qualification is primarily designed to support students entering into post 16 education who need to study on a Level 2 course. It will run in conjunction with resit English and Maths, as well as other supporting Level 2 courses. The course is a programme of study for one year, which can lead to apprenticeships, employment or further study at Level 3.
To find out more about this qualification, contact us, ask your Connexions Personal Adviser or school/college careers staff. Contact Bishop Laney 6th form for further information
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.