Travel and Tourism BTEC National Extended Diploma at Hereford Sixth Form College
This course is for those wishing to progress directly to employment in the travel and tourism industry or to Further or Higher Education courses in this field.
It is a two-year, full-time course equivalent to three A Levels.
The course consists of thirteen units. The final choice of units is still under discussion and this page will be updated when they have been confirmed.
Four units are assessed externally and are likely to include:
- The World of Travel and Tourism.
- Global Destinations.
- The UK as a Tourist Destination.
- Business Operations in Travel and Tourism.
Nine units are assessed internally and are likely to include:
- Managing the Customer Experience.
- Travel and Tourism Enterprises.
- Researching Current Issues in Travel and Tourism.
- The Airport Experience.
- Recruitment and Selection in Travel and Tourism.
- Visitor Attractions.
- Working Overseas.
- Events, Conferences and Exhibitions.
- Work Experience in Travel and Tourism.
You are not expected to have any particular qualifications or subjects at GCSE although you must have a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or C, including English (preferably English Language).
This course is primarily aimed at those wishing to pursue a career in travel and tourism. A wide range of degree courses is available including travel and tourism, tourism management and business management.
A variety of trips and visits will be organised, some of which will be compulsory. These include:
- Theme park.
- Local Tourism Visits.
- Bristol Zoo.
- Big Pit.
- A short haul destination - London or Europe.
- A long-haul trip - New York.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hereford Sixth Form College directly.