Sport BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Newton Abbot College
This course is equivalent in size to two A Levels. It has been designed as part of a two-year programme, normally in conjunction with one or more qualifications at Level 3. This qualification is aimed at learners looking to progress to higher education in this sector.
Students will study the following modules:
- Anatomy and Physiology;
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being;
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry;
- Sports Leadership;
- Investigating Business in the Sport and Active Leisure Industry;
- Skill Acquisition in Sport;
- Practical Sports Performance;
- Sports Event Organisation;
- Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport.
Students will not have the option to drop this course after one year as it is delivered over a two year period.
Students must have achieved:
- GCSE English at a Grade 4 or above;
- Level 2 BTEC in Sport at a Merit or above;
- GCSE PE at a C grade or above;
- GCSE Science at a C grade or above.
Six units will be coursework based and will take the form of a variety of different types of evidence from report writing, power point presentations, information leaflets etc. Coursework will be assessed by the teacher.
There are three externally assessed units representing 45% of the total qualification.
Learners who have completed this qualification in two years may progress to further learning at
Level 3 with additional Level 3 qualifications.
The qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by higher education providers. Learners can progress to higher education on full degree single or combined courses, for example:
- BA (Hons) in Sports Development and Management;
- BSc (Hons) in Sports Management;
- BSc (Hons) Sports Business Management;
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Leisure Management;
- BSc (Hons) Sports Science (Outdoor Activities);
- BSc (Hons) in Exercise, Health and Fitness;
- BSc (Hons) in Sport and Exercise Psychology.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Newton Abbot College directly.