Level 2 Vocational Pathway at The Ockendon Academy & Studio School
· This is a full-time one year course for students who have not yet achieved the entry requirements for Level 3 courses or A-Levels.
· Students study both English and Maths as part of this course in order to improve their GCSE grade. They also have a Study Support programme with work experience to give them skills to apply for employment or courses in the Sixth Form.
· This course is not combined with other subjects and is a full-time course. Students must choose an additional subject from the list below:
· Level 2 Sport
· Level 2 IT
· Level 2 Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
· Level 2 Financial Studies
· Level 2 Science
· These courses are practical and are assessed primarily through coursework.
· If you think that you may not meet the entry requirements for Level 3, then this course is the right option for you. It will give you one year to improve your grades.
There are 5 elements:
· GCSE English
· GCSE Maths
· Chosen Level 2 vocational course
· Work placement with personal coaching
· Private study within Sixth Form
A minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade D or Grade 3.
· GCSE Maths - examinations
· GCSE English - examinations
· The vocational courses are assessed internally and externally by coursework and examinations.
The course will help you to develop the skills and obtain the grades needed to apply for Level 3 courses and A-Level courses if you meet the entry requirements.
You may also go on to employment or an apprenticeship or college course which requires you to have GCSEs in English, Maths and other subjects at grade C or above.
· This course enables you to lay the foundations for study of Level 3 vocational courses or A-Levels in the Sixth Form.
· Skills to improve GCSE English and Maths grades to grade 4 or higher.
· Skills needed to be able to complete high standard coursework for a range of applied courses.
· Skills needed to research given topics, use and reference internet and paper-based sources correctly, draft and re-draft work and give presentations.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.