Hair, beauty and holistics - Diploma in Barbering level 2 at Kirklees College: Dewsbury Centre
Learn the skills of barbering via lots of practical hands-on classes including:
• Shampooing, conditioning and treating the hair and scalp
• Drying and finishing men’s hair
• Cutting hair using basic barbering techniques
• Cutting facial hair to shape using basic techniques
• Creating basic patterns in hair
• Ensuring responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
• Giving customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
• Advising and consulting with clients
The purchase of a barbering kit is essential to the completion of this course. Personal appearance must reflect industry standards.
GCSE English grade 3 and maths grade 2 or above.
• Observations of practical ability
• Photographs of work
• Treatment plans
• Written assignments
• External tests
• Online learning
• Portfolio completion
Progression to Level 3 Barbering, employment as barber or self-employment
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.