Hair, beauty and holistics - Diploma in Barbering level 3 at Kirklees College, Dewsbury Centre
If you would like to pursue a career in the barbering industry, cutting and styling the hair of men and boys, then this is the course for you.
You will have lots of practical hands-on classes and learn:
• Creatively cutting hair using a combination of barbering techniques
• Designing and creating patterns in hair
• Providing shaving services
• Designing and creating a range of facial hair shapes
• Monitoring procedures to safely control work operations
• Promoting additional services or products to customers
• Providing hairdressing consultation services
The purchase of a barbering kit is essential to the completion of this course. Personal appearance must reflect industry standards.
A level 2 Barbering qualification. English and maths to be discussed at interview.
• Observations of practical ability
• Photographs of work
• Treatment plans
• Written assignments
• External tests
• Online learning
• Portfolio completion
Employment as barber or self-employment.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.