Hospitality and Catering - Chef De Partie Standard Apprenticeship level 3 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
Pursue a career in catering whilst earning a wage.
You will learn:
• Industry and food trends, customer preferences, seasonality, provenance and global environmental factors influencing the development of dishes and menus
• Use of technology to support the development and production of dishes
• Principles of food preparation and cooking including traditional and modern cuisine; taste; allergens; diet and nutrition
• Preparation, cooking and finishing methods for various foods
• Maximising yield and quality and minimising wastage
• Producing quality food whilst working under pressure
• Food safety practices and procedures and risk assessments
• Handling and storage of ingredients
• Team leading and communication
• Business strategy, customer profile, culture and constraints Uniform and equipment will be discussed at interview.
• On-demand test
• Practical observation
• Culinary challenge
• Professional discussion
Employment within the catering industry.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.