Sport - Physical Activity, Fitness and Exercise Science Active IQ Diploma level 3 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
This qualification aims to provide learners with the broad base of knowledge and skills they need to work in a variety of customer-facing roles within the active leisure industry, including fitness instructing and leisure operations. Upon completion of the course you will be a CIMSPA recognised fitness instructor.
Throughout the course you will study the following units:
• Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness
• Planning and instructing gym-based exercise
• Principles of customer care
• Working in active leisure facilities
• Planning a studio cycling session
• Instructing a studio cycling session
• Health and safety in the workplace
• Managing personal and professional development
A minimum of 5 GCSEs with the following grades: English at grade 4 and maths at grade 3 or above, and 3 other GCSEs grade 4 to include PE, or evidence of sporting activities.
• Multiple choice exam
• Portfolio of evidence
• Practical demonstration/assignment
Employment or further learning or training in a specialist area e.g. HNC Sport.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.