Business Studies A level at Ashfield School
Are you the Apprentice or are you the first to hear the words “you’re fired”?
Can you cut the mustard when the chips are down? Have you got what it takes to survive in the Dragons’ Den? Are you the anchor or maybe not? Welcome to Business Studies, the ultimate job interview. Business is in the process of making profit by providing products or services which people wish to buy, easy really. What would you do if you had to do it all?
Remember it’s nothing personal….. it’s just business.
Business Studies is the study of how businesses operate, produce, market, employ, finance, deal with external influences and are managed.
- Unit 1 – What is business?
- Unit 2 – Managers, leadership and decision making
- Unit 3 – Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Unit 4 – Decision making to improve operational performance
- Unit 5 – Decision making to improve financial performance
- Unit 6 – Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Unit 7 – Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Unit 8 – Choosing strategic direction
- Unit 9 – Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Unit 10 – Managing strategic change
Five or more A* - C grades or equivalent, including GCSE English and Maths. Other subjects which compliment Business Studies are Accounting, Mathematics and Science.
A2 qualification consists of three written examination at the end of your second year of study.
Qualification in Business Studies lead to employment in Marketing, Human Resources, Management, Retail, Leisure, Insurance and Banking. This subject compliments Accounting, Maths, Science, Humanities and Law, amongst others. It is a very popular degree choice.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ashfield School directly.