LEVEL 3 EXTENDED DIPLOMA IN NAIL TECHNOLOGY at Selby College
This qualification will develop your skills, knowledge and understanding of a wide range of nail enhancement techniques, whilst looking in greater depth at the science behind these techniques.*
* Course subject to change as awaiting confirmation.
It should be noted that there is a large amount of science involved in this course, in addition to which you will study:
• Health and Safety in the Salon
• Client Care and Consultation
• Nail Enhancements Using Light Cured Gel
• Nail Enhancements Using Liquid and Powder
• Electric Filing for Nails
• Promote and Sell Products and Services
• Cosmetic Science for Nail Enhancements
• Design and Apply Nail Art
• Anatomy and Physiology for Nail Services
• Airbrush Nail Art
• Gel Polish for Nails
• Spray Tanning
• Social Media Marketing for a Hair or Beauty Business
• Planning and Implementing Promotional Activities
• How to Set Up and Run a New Hair or Beauty Business
• Contribute to the Effective Running of a Business
You will be taught in our state-of-the-art salon, which is open to the general public and mirrors the industry; you will therefore be assessed not only in aspects of Nail Technology but also on professionalism, punctuality and reliability.
You will also complete two weeks’ work experience in a salon. This may involve travelling some distance and working late evenings where necessary.
Please note: If you have not achieved a Grade 4 or above in GCSE English and/or Maths, you will be required to continue studying these alongside your college course.
Standard Level 3 entry requirements apply. For this course you must have also successfully completed the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy or equivalent.
As a nail technician, learners could progress directly into employment in a variety of contexts, including commercial salons, destination/day spas, nail bars or concessions, independent/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings, retail and training, cruise liners, photographic or media work.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.