LEVEL 3 ADVANCED TECHNICAL DIPLOMA IN SUPERVISION IN FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVICE at Selby College
This vocational course is a progression from the Level 2 VRQ in Professional Cookery/ Level 2 VRQ in Professional Food and Beverage Service. It is ideal if you want to gain employment in the hospitality sector as a Food & Beverage Supervisor or within Event Management. This qualification provides you with the depth of knowledge and understanding required to run the Front of House service in different operations such as restaurant, bistro and brasserie, bar, restaurant reception and specialist events.*
During the course you will cover the following topics:
• Hospitality Service Supervision
• Leadership and Team Development in Hospitality Service
• Hospitality Service Business Operations
• Principles of Health and Safety and Food Safety Supervision in Hospitality Service
• Principles of Beverage Service
• Principles of Restaurant Reception Supervision
• Gastronomy and the Dining Experience
• Plan and Deliver Hospitality Events
You will also undertake work experience within the context of the course.
Please note: If you have not achieved a Grade 4 or above in GCSE English and/or Maths you will be required to continue studying these alongside your college course.
Standard Level 3 entry requirements apply. For this course you must also have successfully completed Level 2 VRQ in Professional Cookery/ Level 2 VRQ in Professional Food and Beverage Service or equivalent.
60% Practical, 40% Coursework/Exam
On successful completion you may choose to enter the workplace, or continue your studies further at university.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.