Business Cambridge Technical Business Introductory Diploma at Downham Market Academy
WHY CHOOSE BUSINESS STUDIES?
The business world influences all of us regardless of what you do. In your personal lives you will have to deal with banks, mortgages, insurance, phone contracts etc..., Once y ou are at work you will be affected by business in numerous ways - types of work available; human resources issues such as your pay, taxes, bonuses, grievance procedures; your rights and responsibilities at work; the need and drive for profit and the role of the government in business.
The list goes on and on. In everyday life you are surrounded by marketing messages via television, phone and social media. And, what about retailing? – be it the local market, high street or internet.
So, one good reason to st udy business is that an understanding will help you in the general handling of your personal life.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED...?
- What makes a successful business?
- How ethical and environmentally friendly is big business?
- How is British trade meeting the challen ges of globalisation and competition?
- How do you find a really good business idea?
- What difference is modern technology making to working patterns?
- What is the future of Britain in the EU?
You should find the answers to these and many other questions by st udying business.
WHAT SKILLS MIGHT I DEVELOP BY STUDYING BUSINESS?
- Data skills – students will be expected to manipulate data in a variety of forms and to interpret their results
- Presenting arguments, making judgments and justifying recommendations on the basis of available evidence
- Recognising the nature of problems, solving problems and making decisions using appropriate business tools and methods
- Planning the work, taking into account the demands of the task and the time available to complete it
- Challenging your own assumptions using evidence that has become available
HOW CAN I STUDY BUSINESS AT DOWNHAM MARKET ACADEMY SIXTH FORM?
- OCR CAMBRIDGE TECHNICAL DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS LEVEL 3
This course is equivalent to two A levels. Students study twelve units over two years including: The Business Environment, Business Resources, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Managing an Event, Developing teams in Business, and Career Planning.
The course includes hands - on practical experience, based on real life experiences and currently is all course - work based. The course is being relaunched nationally for September 2016, the units will be very similar but some units will have an external assessment element.
- OCR CAMBRIDGE TECHNICAL INTRODUCTORY DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS LEVEL 3
This course is equivalent to one A level. Student s study six units over two years including: The Business Environment, Business Resources, Finance, Marketing, Developing teams in Business and Career Planning.
The course includes hands on practical experience based on real life experiences and is currently all course - work based. This course is being re launched nationally for September 2016, the units will be similar but some units will have an external assessment element
- OCR A LEVEL BUSINESS
Students will study a wide variety of topics including Marketing, Human resources, Accounting and Finance, Production, and International trade. The emphasis throughout the entire course is on problem solving and decision making.
The course is 100% exam based and students sit exams at the end of the two years, three two hour papers based on un seen case studies of three real businesses, one local, one medium/national and one international.
WHERE CAN BUSINESS TAKE ME?
- A range of career possibilities including banking, insurance, marketing, sales, accounting, retail, central and local government and business
- Entrepreneurship and the benefits of running your own business
- Combined with other subjects, business is a good base for many university degrees especially Business, Management, Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, Psychology, Politics and tourism related courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Downham Market Academy directly.