Photography AS Level at Ashfield School
Component 1: Coursework Portfolio– 21 College Weeks (3 Weeks out of College) 60% of the total AS marks. Component 1 consists of 8 projects:
1. Experiments with Light: Photograms and Pinhole Cameras – 3 Weeks.
2. Portrait Photography: High key/Low key Studio using DSLR Cameras – 2 Weeks.
3. Street (documentary) Photography using DSLR Cameras – 2 Weeks.
4. Landscape Photography using Film SLR Cameras – 3 Weeks.
5. Album Cover Assignment (Mock Exam) using DSLR Cameras – 2 Weeks.
6. Creative Studio Photography using DSLR Cameras – 2 Weeks.
7. Independent Study – Documentary and Exhibition Research (Private Study) with a two-week Photo Assignment
8. Extended project - 4 Weeks.
Component 2: (40% of total AS marks): Externally Set Assignment– an 11 week period of preparation leading up to an externally marked 10 hour exam.
A GCSE equivalent to five passes at grade 6 or above (including English) or other related Level 2 qualifications OR by interview.
Degree Courses in Photography, the Visual Arts or Photographic Technologies, Gallery management & curating. Possible employment or apprentice posts in the above.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ashfield School directly.