BTEC Level 2 Diploma Extended Certificate: Creative Digital Media Production at Loughborough College
This qualification is designed to support learners who wish to study entry level Creative Media Production as a one-year, full-time course alongside undertaking English and Maths.
The Level 1/Level 2 First Extended Certificate and is the equivalent in teaching time to three GCSEs.
Learners will develop a broad knowledge and understanding of, and develop skills in, the creative digital media industry, e.g. moving image, audio production, photography, website design and publishing.
Digital Media Sectors and Audiences
- In this externally assessed unit you will explore the different digital media sectors and the products they produce. You will understand the range of technological platforms used to distribute media, and how each sector has a common production process.
- In this unit you will develop your verbal, written and visual communication skills to enable you to understand the needs of your client and to help you formulate, develop and pitch your own ideas for a media product.
- You will develop an understanding of the legal and ethical constraints within which media professionals operate, including those imposed by a client. You will also learn about employment in the media industry. This will include studying the advantages of different contracts of employment and how recruitment practices are changing across all of the media sectors.
- Digital Audio Production
- Digital photography for a Media Product
- Digital Art for a Media Product
- Graphic Design for Digital Media
- Writing for Digital Media
If you successfully complete this course, you may be offered the option to progress to the L3 Foundation Diploma in Creative Media or Games Development.
Four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above, including Maths and English Language
To find out more about this qualification, visit us at an Open Day, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01509 618375.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.