Level 3 Diploma: Early Years Education and Care at Loughborough College
This diploma will equip you with the knowledge and experience you need to work with children from birth to five years old.
Upon completion, you'll be able to access Higher Education or enter the workforce as an early years educator. There are 15 statutory units covered over the two years, which include mandatory assessed placement units.
The diploma is equivalent to three A Levels and carries a maximum of 168 UCAS tariff points.
You will complete 15 mandatory units, including:
- Child Development
- Children's Play
- Children's Health and Wellbeing
- Working in Partnership
- International Perspectives
- Working with Children with Additional Needs
The course is assessed by assignment or portfolio for each unit, plus an externally marked extended essay in each year. You must pass all units in the first year to progress on to the second year of the course.
You will attend a work placement in an early years setting, such as a nursery or a foundation class in a school, for the duration of the two years, where assessors will visit and evaluate your practice.
- Five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English and Maths, or
- the CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Early Years Education and Care, as well as GCSE English and Maths at grade C/4 or above.
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for courses involving work placement and will be required before going into employment.
To find out more about this qualification, visit us at an Open Day, email email@example.com or call 01509 618375.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.