BTEC Level 2 Diploma: Health and Social Care at Loughborough College
This is a one-year, vocational care course at Level 2. This full-time course will help you to develop the knowledge, skills, and personal qualities needed to work in a care setting. You may be able to progress on to further courses.
You will have support from a personal tutor and learning support if necessary. Work placement experience is a vital part of the course and classroom work will be closely linked to practical experience.
You will be learning to understand human growth and development through the life stages, exploring cultural diversity, developing effective communication skills, and exploring the impact of diet on people's health.
This qualification consists of 4 core units:
- Communication in Health & Social Care
- Individual Rights Within the Health & Social Care Sectors
- Individual Needs Within the Health & Social Care Sectors
- Maintaining Health and Security
and four specialist units:
- The Impact of Diet on Health
- Creative Activities
- Work Placement in Health & Social Care Settings
- Human Lifespan Development
- At least four GCSEs at grade D/3, including English and Maths.
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for courses involving work placement and will be required before going into employment.
To find out more about this qualification, visit us at an Open Day, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01509 618375.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.