BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate: Creative and Information Technology at Loughborough College
This qualification is designed to support learners who wish to study entry level Information Technology as a one-year, full-time course alongside undertaking English and Maths.
The Level 1/Level 2 First Extended Certificate and is the equivalent in teaching time to three GCSEs.
Learners will develop a common core of IT knowledge and study areas such as the relationship between hardware and software that form an IT system, managing and processing data to support business, using IT to communicate and share information, and computational thinking skills together with the principles of designing and developing computer program.
The Online World
- This unit is essential if you are considering a career in the IT sector. Online systems and technology have become part of everyday work, so being able to understand and work with this technology is relevant in many roles in the industry.
- You will explore the common hardware components of technology systems, such as a touch screen or a printer, and the internal building blocks of a computer like the processor, buses and memory. The unit also covers the purpose of networks, which allow different devices within a technology system to communicate.
- A digital portfolio is an exciting onscreen way to showcase your achievements to potential employers or when applying for a course.
Potential first year optional units
- Mobile Apps Development
- Website Development
- Database Development
- Installing and Maintaining Computer Hardware
- Four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above, including Maths and English Language
To find out more about this qualification, visit us at an Open Day, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01509 618375.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.