AS and A Level: Media Studies at Loughborough College
A Level Media Studies is designed to enhance your enjoyment, understanding, and appreciation of the media and its role in your daily life. The course introduces you both to media ideas and the practice of production, which gives you the chance to develop a real understanding of media platforms, the contemporary media landscape, and the influential role of the media in today's society.
Year 1 modules include:
- Investigating Media - assessed via an external exam
- Creating Media - assessed via coursework
Year 2 modules include:
- Critical Perspectives - assessed via an external exam
- Media Research and Production - assessed via coursework
Coursework offers you the opportunity to study a media topic and produce a linked production piece in response.
The course is a mixture of media theory and practical skills. You will learn how to analyse media texts in terms of genre and narrative, looking at the issues of representation, ideology, audiences, and institutions.
- GCSE English Language at 5
- All Loughborough Sixth Form College courses have minimum entry requirements of at least five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English Language and Maths.
To find out more about this qualification, visit us at an Open Day, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01509 618375.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.