CACHE Level 3 Extended Diploma: Health and Social Care at Loughborough College
This course will suit people who are interested in the health and social care services. It is relevant for people who would like to work in nursing, social work, home/day care, or residential care, as well as in more general careers involving work with children, young people, adults, or older people.
You will study nine core units covering:
- Developing Effective Communication
- Equality, Diversity and Rights
- Sociological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Psychological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Human Development and Growth
- Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Working in Health and Social Care
- Reflective Practice
These units are assessed by an external, written assignment and you will complete a mandatory placement throughout the two years.
There are also nine specialist units and a second, externally assessed, written assignment. You must pass all units in the first year to progress to the second year of the course. All units will be assessed by coursework.
- At least five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English and Maths.
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for courses involving work placement and will be required before going into employment.
To find out more about this qualification, visit us at an Open Day, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01509 618375.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.