BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness) at Loughborough College
This is a vocational course which explores different areas of employment in the sports sector. It offers a solid foundation in the various aspects of sport, enabling you to develop the skills necessary for gaining employment in the sports sector or progressing into Higher Education.
The course consists of 19 units which explore a variety of different areas, including:
- anatomy and physiology and physiology of fitness
- sports coaching and assessing risks
- practical sport and technical and tactical skills
- analysing sports performance
- fitness testing and designing training programmes
- injuries in sport and sports massage
- sports psychology
- sports nutrition
- sports business
- sports development and current issues in sport
The course is delivered in a vocational manner, with assessments ranging from written reports, portfolios, and posters to verbal assessments, presentations, and practical observations.
- Five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English and Maths.
- For entry onto the second year of the Extended Diploma from the Subsidiary Diploma, a Pass profile and Level 2 qualifications in English and Maths will be required.
- Mature students will be considered based on their previous qualifications and/or relevant work experience.
To find out more about this qualification, visit us at an Open Day, email email@example.com or call 01509 618375.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.