NVQ Level 2: Activity Leadership at Loughborough College
Aimed at those wishing to pursue a career in sport and recreation, outdoors, in sports development, or at an assistant instructor level, this qualification provides excellent foundations for progressing directly into the workplace.
The course consists of practical work and theory-based units, which include:
- Preparing a Session
- Leading a Session
- Concluding and Reviewing a Session
- Contributing to Work in a Team
- Promoting Safety in Sport
- Working with Other Organisations
- Encouraging Participation in Sport
The practical work includes coaching in local colleges and schools, as well as at out-of-school clubs and leisure centres. On top of coaching, you will complete a work placement within Loughborough College’s sports provision.
The course is continually assessed, with the final assessment being based on portfolio work and practical observations.
- Four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above, one being in English or Maths, or
- a BTEC/OCR Level 2 Diploma (or equivalent) at pass level.
- Mature students will be considered based on their previous qualifications and/or relevant work experience.
To find out more about this qualification, visit us at an Open Day, email email@example.com or call 01509 618375.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.