Level 2 Certificate in Sport at Henley College Coventry
If you have a keen interest in sport, the course will be suitable for who wish to pursue a career as a sports coach, outdoor activity leader, gym instructor, leisure assistant, PE teacher or a sports therapist.
You will study the following units using a range of practical and theory sessions:
- Fitness Testing – assess fitness levels and develop training programmes
- Practical Sport – enhance your skills and knowledge in a range of sporting activities (traditional sports or outdoor activities)
- Anatomy and Physiology – looking at the structure and functions of the body’s systems
- Injury in Sport – be able to deal with injuries and illnesses associated with sports participation
- Exercise and fitness instruction – developing the skills of a gym instructor
- Planning and leading sports activities – Sports coaching Leading outdoor and adventurous activities- Planning and instructing practical outdoor pursuit sessions
You will be assessed by a variety of coursework assignments to include; presentations, case studies, formal reports, laboratory reports and other practical activities and exams.
You can progress onto the level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport. Alternatively,you may seek full-time employment in an associated sport and leisure organisation or join the apprenticeship scheme.
Four GCSEs grade D-G with a D in English or maths and /or a level 1 in a vocationally relevant subject and a positive year 11 academic reference.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Henley College Coventry directly.