Level 2 Diploma in Brickwork at Henley College Coventry
If you have already completed a first year training course in bricklaying, this Level 2 qualification will allow you to progress onto the next stage. It is suitable for college-based students as well as those on apprenticeship schemes working towards NVQ Level 2. The NVQ Level 2 course will run over 2 years.
The course is designed to help you progress your training within a practical environment that also includes written assignments.
Our expert tutors, who’ll expect you to be self-motivated and keen to achieve, will teach you subjects including:
- Health and Safety
- Building Methods and Construction Technology
- Interpreting Working drawings to Set Out Masonry Structures
- Thin Joint Masonry and Masonry Cladding
- Building Solid Walling, Isolated and Attached Piers
- Cavity Walling forming Masonry Structures
There’ll be a mix of hands-on work and written projects, followed by practical synoptic tests and a theory online test for each unit.
With this course you’ll be taking an important step forward in the next stage of your career as a bricklayer in the construction industry and gaining the talents employers are keen to employ.
This course is a Study Programme which consists of:
- Vocational Qualification
- Work Experience
* If you have not already achieved a GCSE pass at grade C or above in English and Maths (New grades = Grade 5 or above) you will study Maths and/ or English as an integral part of your college programme.
You will require PPE (personal protective equipment) in order to start your course. You’ll need steel toe cap boots and a hi vis top.
Grading for GCSE English language, English literature and maths is changing from 2017, with other subjects following suit from 2018.
4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D in the old grading structure) or above including one in English or maths, or
Brickwork Level 1 qualification with GCSE/Level 1 in English & maths
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Henley College Coventry directly.