Level 2 Diploma in Hair & Media Make-up at Henley College Coventry
The VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Media Make-Up (QCF) is a specialist vocationally related qualification. This qualification will develop the knowledge and skills that learners need to provide make-up treatments including photographic make-up, body art and also how to dress hair for media clients.
The qualification is most suited to learners who wish to provide media and photographic hair and make-up services to clients or for those who wish to embark on a career as a make-up artist. Work experience is an essential element of this course and you will be encouraged to take part in a variety of educational visits throughout the year.
Course content includes
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Apply make-up
- The art of photography make-up
- The art of dressing hair
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- Apply skin tanning techniques
- Provide eye lash perming
- Themed face painting
- Nail art application
- Body art design
- Colour and lighten hair
- Plaiting and twisting hair
This course is a Study Programme which consists of:
- Vocational Qualification
- Work Experience
* If you have not already achieved a GCSE pass at grade C or above in English and Maths (New grades = Grade 5 or above) you will study Maths and/ or English as an integral part of your college programme.
4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D in the old grading structure) or above including one in English or maths
Relevant Level 1 qualification with GCSE/Level 1 in English & maths.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Henley College Coventry directly.