History AS level at The Stourport High School and Sixth Form Centre
The advantages of a wide-ranging course with topics from different historical eras include a more comprehensive exposure to concepts, themes and arguments.
Unit F962: Dictatorship and Democracy in Germany 1919-1963 (Exam) - The effects of WW1, Hitler, the Nazis, the Cold War, Division of Germany
Unit F963: The English Civil War and the Interregnum 1637-1660 (Exam) - Charles I v Parliament, Cromwell, the Restoration of Charles II
Year 13 (provisional):
Unit F965: Russia and her Rulers 1855 – 1964 (Exam) - The Tsars, Revolutions, Lenin & Bolshevism & Stalinism
Unit F966: Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors 1485-1603 (Coursework) - Religious conflict, revolt, repression from Henry VII to Elizabeth I
Historical enquiry conducted in Year13 in the form of two 2,000 word essays focusing on interpretations and investigations
2 x 90 min exam in Yr12 one for each unit
1 x 90 min exam in Yr13
- History Teacher
- Social Worker
- Bank Manager
- Military Officer
- Police Officer
- Museum Curator
- Office Administrator
- Civil Servant
- Football Manager
- Pop Star
- Interpretation of sources of evidence.
- Analysis of differing points of view
- Summarising information into concise coherent arguments.
- Reaching justified conclusions
- Questioning the validity and reliability of source material
- Research and investigation skills.
- Referencing material in an appropriate manner.
- Debating ideas with confidence
- Asking questions
- Becoming a critical thinker.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Stourport High School and Sixth Form Centre directly.