English Literature AS and A level at The Stourport High School and Sixth Form Centre
In Year 12 you will study a range of fiction, including Prose, poetry and drama. You will also study the skill of creative writer through the study and development of the writer’s craft.
In Year 13, you will study Shakespeare alongside a related drama text as well as developing your skill in analysing unseen poetry. You will also have the opportunity to study texts of your choice from the Canon in the independent project under the title ‘Period and Genre Study’.
Unit 2: One 1500 word essay on Prose, Creative writing piece with commentary.
Unit 4: Independent Project – Period and Genre study.
Unit 1: 2 ½ hour exam on Post 1900 poetry and Post 1900 Drama
Unit 4 – 2 ½ hour exam on Pre 1800 and unseen poetry, Shakespeare and related drama.
- Professional writing
- Media / advertising
- Civil Service
- Other: career opportunities are abundant because the skills gained are marketable in most career areas.
- Skim and scan reading
- Close reading
- Cogent written communication
- Accurate spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Justifying own analysis with textural evidence
- Comparing and contrasting literary forms.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Stourport High School and Sixth Form Centre directly.