Agricultural Mechanisation- Level 2 Technical Certificate at Plumpton College
If you're looking to gain a basic understanding of agricultural mechanics once you've left school, this is the course for you. You'll discover all the technical skills you'll need to know for today's agricultural machinery maintenance and repair industry.
During your course, you'll get to try out lots of different machinery and workshop equipment plus you'll attend a work experience placement for one day per week. This course will be particularly ideal if you're looking to work on a mechanised farm or servicing agricultural machinery.
You can look forward to a varied programme of modules that also includes a work placement. You'll also continue your English and Maths up to GCSE level. Modules include:
- Applying mechanical principles
- Carrying out service and maintenance
- Health and Safety in a land-based engineering work area
- Introduction to land-based machinery operations
- Servicing and repair of engines and components
- You'll need to have achieved 3 or more GCSEs between grade A-D (new grades 9-3)
- Successful completion of a related Level 1 course, having studied English and Maths at GCSE level
- Mature students without the above requirements will be considered.
- 16-18 exempt
- 16-18 exempt
- Cost for day students- £120 per year
- Cost for residential students- £200 per year
The facility fee is applicable to all our full time FE students and this is paid annually before you arrive for your enrolment and induction. This fee assists in providing non-educational facilities which include security, sports amenities, membership of the Sports and Social Club, minibuses, Wi Fi access, television room, on-site medical support and free car parking subject to availability.
For students aged 19 plus please contact Admissions for further fee information:
By completing this course, you'll be able to go on to complete a Level 3 Agricultural Machinery programme or employment in roles such as an Agricultural Contractor, Apprentice, Machinery Operative on a farm or Mechanic.
Course duration is 3 days per week for 1 year.
You'll get to work on a fleet of tractors, some with GPS, at our modern well-equipped workshops. This makes sure that you're learning on equipment that you'll be using in a current working environment. You'll meet visiting machinery dealers and enjoy specialist guest lectures. You'll also get the opportunity to develop your diagnostic skills as well as hands-on tools to use. We've also got an on-site welding shop.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.