Carpentry & Joinery at City Skills Centre - Salford City College
This course is designed to help you develop the practical skills and knowledge required for a career in the construction industry.
At foundation level you will learn about:
- Basic woodworking joints
- Carpentry and joinery hand tools
- Carpentry and joinery power tool safety
- Constructing an external inspection hatch
You could then go on to learn how to:
- Carry out first fixing operations
- Door frames and linings
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Skirtings and architraves
- Erect structural carcassing
- Carry out maintenance
- Use a circular saw
- Construct a timber frame entrance
You will also learn employability skills
No formal entry requirements
The course is assessed through practical projects, plus a portfolio of evidence and online examinations
All full-time courses are free to 16-18 year olds who are an EU citizen.
On completion of your course you can go directly into employment or progress on to a further training such as an Apprenticeship, NVQs or higher level construction qualifications in supervision and management
You will have a mentor who ensures that your training fits your requirements and offers the skills needed for the job
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.