Supported Internship- Plumpton at Plumpton College
This is a real hands-on course where you'll spend at least one day a week in a working business. A brilliant opportunity for you to develop practical skills, you'll get to develop your existing skills and transfer them from the college environment to the workplace.
You'll be encouraged to look at the barriers that are preventing you from working independently, all with an end goal of finding a job to suit your aspirations.
Your first year will be spent looking at lots of different types of jobs and careers and meeting different employers and businesses. This will be a fantastic opportunity for you to see what work is really like and what suits you. You'll also spend time building your confidence of being independent; so things like learning how to get to work and problem solve on your own. In your second year you'll get to carry out six months' work experience at a business of your choice. You'll have loads of support and regular reviews to make sure you get the most of from your experience.
- You'll need to be 18 - 24 with an Education, Health and Care plan
- If you've got Entry Level or Level 1, 2 or 3 vocational qualification skills this will be a suitable course
- You'll need to want to work and feel ready to take the steps to start working
- This is an ideal course if you have learning disabilities or difficulties getting into paid work
Students who have an Education, Health and Care Plan are fee exempt.
A high number of our Supported Internship students gain full or part-time employment as a result of completing the course. Alternatively you may be able to progress onto another course at college.
Course duration is 3 days per week for 1 or 2 years.
If you’ve decided that the land-based industry is the area you’d like to work in, you’ve come to the perfect location.
- We’ve got brilliant practical and demonstration facilities for you to enjoy as part of our 800 hectares of space.
- With the latest equipment and modern facilities, come and explore our countryside, farms, fisheries, horticulture and much more.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.