Politics - A Level at Hanley Castle High School
This is an exciting and up to date course that opens up the way in which the UK and the US work and how and why things really happen. Students will find that they become more astute and informed, able to cut through misinformation and hype to see how every aspect of life is run.
The course has been designed to encourage interest in and enthusiasm for the study of Government and Politics and will enable students to develop an insight into political beliefs central to an understanding of the modern world. It provides:
- a broad course which provides a structured foundation of political knowledge on which to develop skills
- a comprehensive look at the politics and the government of the UK.
- an exploration of a key political theory- nationalism
- a comparative study of government and politics in the US and how it contrasts with the system, people and processes in this country
- the opportunity to engage in contemporary political debates
A minimum of grade C at GCSE in English Language, and a strong interest in the subject area.
The course equips students with a range of evaluative, analytical and communication skills and is a gateway to studying Law, Politics, International Relations, History, American Studies, Journalism and much else.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hanley Castle High School directly.