Games Development Intermediate at Dv8 Sussex
This course is designed to give you a solid foundation in all aspects of one the world’s fastest growing industries. Students work with expert tutors in small classes to understand all aspects of designing a successful game, including software, narrative and user experience.
Through working on projects independently and in groups, students gain confidence in 3D design, programming, graphic design and sound production, giving them the tools to produce every element of a video game themselves. Throughout the course there will be opportunities to fulfil a variety of roles whilst bringing game ideas to life on screen. Understanding the industry is key to the learning and a variety of exciting and inspiring industry guests will offer advice and real-life project briefs.
WHAT WILL I DO?
• Be introduced to design software such as Construct 2, Unity, Piskelapp, Beepbox, Chiptone
• Develop your own narrative ideas for games including scripting and storyboarding techniques
• Build an understanding of User Experience and User Interfaces
• Explore soundtracking and gain production and composition skills using Logic Pro
• Develop and build App ideas
• Explore different careers in the games industry
• Build a portfolio of work showcasing your skills
• Work on projects in collaboration with Music, Media and Events students
AT LEVEL 2 I WILL:
• Achieve L2 RSL Certificate in Media Production
• Gain a foundation understanding of software such as Construct 2, Unity, Piskelapp, Beepbox, Chiptone
• Create a professional portfolio
• Explore various roles within the games industry
• Progress to Level 3 courses in Games Design and Media Production
• Relevant vocational experience and/or qualifications
• English or Maths at GCSE grade 3 or above
Duration: 1 year, 3 days a week
Location: Brighton & Bexhill
Progression onto an Advanced course in Games Developent
Internal profression onto Media Production
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dv8 Sussex directly.