Health and Social Care OCR Level 3 Diploma at Saffron Walden County High School
This course gives a broad understanding of issues faced in the Health, Early Years
Education and Social Care sectors. You explore the sectors from the viewpoint of
both practitioner and client and investigate how the needs of both are addressed.
Single award students gain a Level 3 Extended Certificate qualification.
Double Award students gain a Level 3 Diploma
• Equality, diversity and rights
• Communication and relationship building in different settings, and the importance of
• Legislation, policies and procedures which minimise risks in health and social care settings
• Anatomy and physiology
Double Award students also complete the following units:
• Infection control
• Protecting vulnerable people from abuse, exploitation and neglect
• Promoting positive behaviour and preventing the escalation of poor behaviour
• The impact of living with long term physiological conditions
There is also a range of optional units, which include creative activities for children, public
health, looked-after children, and supporting people with mental health conditions.
GCSE 4 in English
Single Award: 3 internally assessed units and 3 external exams over 2 years
Double Award:7 internally assessed units and 5 assessed units and 5 external exams
over 2 years
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Saffron Walden County High School directly.